Hello, readers! Thanks so much to Eternity Books for nominating me! It actually means so much to this little blog.
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment (or pingback) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How this blog was created
I have always loved books, but never considered blogging about them until I created the Instagram blog My Addiction To Fiction early this year. I decided to take pictures of books I was reading and review them there because I just love talking books.
Not long after I started blogging this way I realized an IG blog was not enough for me and my passion for book blogging really began to grow. Soon afterwards the My Addiction To Fiction book blog was born. My very first post was released April 22nd 2019. I love to read, review, rant and rave on about bookish stuff and now all of that can be read about in one place. You can read more about me here.
Two Pieces of Advice
Firstly, don’t give up, cliché right! But it’s true.
Sometimes blogging is tough, especially in the early days when literally no one is looking at your blog. When I first started blogging I even got excited when I looked at the stats to see one view and then realized this was me. But keep at it. People do end up finding your blog as you keep adding content. I still don’t have much of a following, but that’s okay. It’s what you are doing and how much you enjoy it, not the number of people watching that counts.
Cue Professor Lupin. As my favorite Harry Potter character said, “It’s the quality of one convictions that determines success, not the number of followers.” Blog because it brings you joy, not because seeing stats rise brings you joy, as you won’t be able to keep at it.
2. Link, link, link. That is my other piece of advice. And no, I am not talking about legendary silent protagonist of The Legend of Zelda.
Link to other blogs. There is no harm done in contacting other bloggers and linking your post to a similar one they have done. Generally, I have found book bloggers are kind, they tend to read what you write and take an interest in what your doing. A good way to link to others is by doing book tags. You can see an example of one here. Even have a go at creating one yourself. Book tags spread throughout book blogs quickly and always have a link to other bloggers. Also, put yourself in book blogger lists. You can see the ones I am a part of down the side of this page ->
- Kristen Kraves Books – You are fantastic! Thanks so much for helping me and answering my many questions about blogging!
- The Lexington Bookie – You are awesome! Thanks for including me in your Book Blogger Directory and for helping me along my blogging journey.
- Paw-some Reads
- Another book In The wall
- It’s just A Coffee-Addicted Bibliophile
- And anyone else!
3 thoughts on “Book Tag: Blogger Recognition Award”
This is so sweet! Thank you. I always love to help if I can!
Aww, I’m so glad you’re happy with what you’re doing!! And both pieces of advice are cliche but they are still perfect, because they truly work ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person